MINUTES FOR REGULAR BUTMAN TOWNSHIP BOARD MEETING
5005 N HOCKADAY ROAD, GLADWIN, MI 48624
SEPTEMBER 12, 2018
Meeting called to order at 10:00 a.m. on the above date. Supervisor Dan Gonzales, Treasurer Susie Ruppert, Clerk Sharon Hobin, Trustee Jac Groppuso and Trustee Mike Mahaffy were present along with nine (9) citizens who were in attendance. The following represents a brief summary of all motions, resolutions, ordinances, and actions taken by the board at this meeting; along with other information of general interest to the public.
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
- There were no additions or deletions to the agenda.
- Motion by Ruppert/Mahaffy to approve the agenda. Ayes carried; motion passes.
- Fire Chief Greg Pollock presented the BTFD report for August 2018. They responded to Fires 5, Medical 19, Rescue /Jaws 0, Mutual Aid 4. Roster is currently at 13 with 9 Firefighters, 8 MFR’s, 1 MFR trainee and 1 dispatcher. The United States Flag has been replaced and is flying high! Motion by Mahaffy/Hobin to approve the projected expenses for $16,370.00. Ayes carried; Motion passes.
- Brian Owens, acting manager Suez Water, presented the August report. The Vacor truck has been repaired and is back in service. Property owner Lot#55 gave permission for the owners of Lot#54 to connect to the sewer tap on their lot.
- County Commissioner Chuck Hinman stated that the Wixom Lake Dam’s power has been terminated due to multiple violations.
- Motion by Mahaffy/Groppuso to approve the consent agenda, including August Financial Report, August board minutes, unpaid bills for August/September in the amount of $42,862.88 Ayes carried; Motion passes.
- The Sugar Springs Lake Auxiliary will be meeting September 24th at 1pm to discuss the maintenance & repairs of the local dam. The open meeting will be held at the POA office. The lakes will begin to be lowered 2ft in October.
- Motion by Hobin/Groppuso to adjourn the meeting at 10:35 Ayes carried; Motion passes.
Alayna Alexander, Deputy Clerk